Saturday 11 June 2011

Truly a Fruitful Journey


Indeed, throughout the process of completing this whole weblog, I have gained a vast array of insights. First of all, as a blogger, I learned that there are certain criteria that I need to consider while blogging. As proposed by the model of A Bloggers' Code of Ethics by Cyberjournalists.net (2003), I learned that an ethical blogger must:
  • Be honest and fair
  • Minimize harm by respecting your readers
  • Be accountable 
Hence, for all of the materials that I have used in supporting my arguments, I have given proper credits for all sources. Moreover, I have carefully selected the types of images and texts in composing all of my postings to ensure that the materials that I have chosen is appropriate to be used in the current context.

In terms of my weblog design, I have taken into account Jakob Nielsen's Theory of Usability in ensuring the user-friendliness of my weblog. Thus, I have included blog tags, links for further references, blog archive, and hyperlinks to ensure my readers will have a "pleasant journey" while they are exploring my blog.

In a larger scale, I have acquired the fundamental skills needed in a document designer. In terms of writing, Putnis and Petelin (1996) stated that grammatical errors and other sentence structuring errors must be avoided. Hence, I will always proof read my materials before publishing it. Next, as texts and visuals work hand-in-hand in delivering effective messages (Shriver 1997), I have incorporated images in my weblog postings to guide my readers' understanding. 

Lastly, I was also exposed with some of the current issues that surround the media and publishing field. With that, I am more aware of the issues that affect both fields. 

Truly, it was a fruitful journey for me. And, I hope the same as well for you, my readers.
References
Cyberjournalists.net 2003, A Bloggers’ Code of Ethics, viewed 11th June 2011, <http://www.cyberjournalist.net/news/000215.php>.
Putnis, P & Petelin, R 1996, Writing to Communicate, Prentice Hall, Sydney.
Shriver, KA 1997, Dynamics in document design: creating texts for readers, Wiley Computer Publication, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment